Friday, August 07, 2009

Quick pickled cucumbers

I have been overrun with cucumbers again. You think I would learn to plant less but I don't. I get too excited and start over planting and in the end, we try strange food stuff.

We are ok with that but it does make for some interesting dinners.

Here is a link to the recipe I just tried for Quick pickled cucumbers. They are turning out to be fast, easy and tasty.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/cooking-live/pickled-cucumbers-recipe/index.html

In other garden news, we have had a very successful season so far. The variety of fruit and veg are far to numerous to list. We have enjoyed some really terrific gifts from Mother Nature this year. We are very grateful to be in a position to grow our own food.



Now we are just waiting on those potatoes in a barrel... soon, so soon.

2 comments:

Ms.L said...

Mmm,those pickles sound good!
We had something similar at a fancy place last week,paired with
crab cakes,they went together very well!

Mic's Media said...

Hi Ms. L :) they were ok but I used the wrong kind of cucs, maybe I will try it with another kind and take off the skins.